Sunday, October 20, 2013

When a Man Loves a Woman Percy Sledge key of C (probably not the record's key) intro C G/B Am7 Am/G F G C G6 C G/B Am C7/G verse1 When a man loves a woman, can't keep his mind on nothing else F G C G He'll trade the world for the good thing he's found C G/B Am C7/G If she's bad he can't see it she can do no wrong F G C G Turn his back on his best friend if he put her down verse2 When a man loves a woman, spend his very last dime Tryin' to hold on to what he needs He'd give up all his comfort, sleep out in the rain If she said that's the way it ought to be F G C chorus Well, this man loves a woman F G C I gave you everything I had F G C E7/B Am Tryin' to hold on to your precious love D7 F/G G+5 Baby, please don't treat me ba verse3 When a man loves a woman, down deep in his soul She can bring him such misery If she plays him for a fool, he's the last one to know Lovin' eyes don't ever see chorus C G/B Am C7/G outro When a man loves a woman, I know exactly how he feels F G C G (repeat outro until tired) Coz baby baby baby you're my world My Special Prayer: PERCY SLEDGE (1969) 4/4 – 98 |./. |: Repeat the previous Chord and Measure of 4-Counts. INTRO: |G |./. |./. |./. VERSE 1: |G |./. |D |./. While the choir sings, Ave Ma-ri - a. (Ave Ma-ri – a) |./. |./. |G |./. I was singing with a-ll my hea - rt. |./. |G7 |C |./. And I sent a special prayer, up to heaven. |G |D |G |./. That you´ll re-turn to me before I fall apart. VERSE 2: |G |./. |D |./. While the choir sings, Hal-le-lu – jah. (Hal-le-lu – jah) |./. |./. |G |./. I was singing with a-ll my hea - rt. |./. |G7 |C |./. Darling please, come back and never leave me again. |G |D |G |./. And this will be your answer to my prayer. CHORUS: |D |./. |G |./. And I´ll wai-t, he-re for the answ-er. |D |./. |G |./. That you´ll come back, come back I pray. |D |./. |G |./. For if you stayed, away another hou-r. |A |A7 |D |D# I don´t think, I could last an-other day - . ¬¬¬   A SUMMER SONG - Chad and Jeremy Verse: A C#m D E Trees swayin' in the summer breeze Showin' off their silver leaves As we walked by Soft kisses on a summer's day Laughing all our cares away Just you and I Sweet sleepy warmth of summer nights Gazing at the distant lights In the starry sky Chorus: D E A F#m They say that all good things must end some day Bm E F#m Autumn leaves must fall A C#7 But don't you know that it hurts me so F#m C#m Bm To say goodbye to you F#m E Wish you didn't have to go F#m E No no no no And when the rain Beats against my window pane I'll think of summer days again And dream of you They say that all good things must end some day Autumn leaves must fall But don't you know that it hurts me so To say goodbye to you Wish you didn't have to go No no no no And when the rain Beats against my window pane I'll think of summer days again And dream of you And dream of you   |: D D Dsus2 D :| G A D G Hey! Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me, D G A Asus4 A I'm not sleepy and there is no place I'm going to. G A D G Hey! Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me, D G A D Dsus4 D Dsus2 D In the jingle jangle morning I'll come followin' you. G A D G Though I know that evenin's empire has returned into sand, D G Vanished from my hand, D G A Left me blindly here to stand but still not sleeping. G A D G My weariness amazes me, I'm branded on my feet, D G I have no one to meet D G A And the ancient empty street's too dead for dreaming. Subject: CRD: The Water Is Wide Roger McGuinn Chords/Lyrics Roger McGuinn The Water Is Wide traditional G C G The water is wide I can not cross over Em D And neither have I wings to fly G Bm Em C But build me a boat that can carry two Am D G And both shall roam my love and I G C G A ship there is and she sails the sea Em D Sailing as deep as deep can be G Bm Em C But not so deep as the love I am in Am D G I know not how I sink or swim G C G I leaned my back against some young oak Em D Thinking that he was a trusty tree G Bm Em C But first he bent and then he broke Am D G And thus did my false love and me From the "Roger McGuinn" LP Columbia Records 1973 From the "Roger McGuinn" LP Columbia Records 1973_____ Without Your Love chords Roger McGuinn Capo II * C G Now that you're gone C It's no fun without you F G C I just think of things we used to do Am G Like watching the sunset F C Over the sea Am G And sailing the is lands F C - C G So happy and free Now that you're gone C I have to face living F G C Without your eyes to see through Am G Shadows are fall ing F C Before all my steps Am G I can't see the path through F C The tears that I've wept C Dm Without your love G C The days are so long F G C And I can't believe you're gone ____\ Devil With The Blue Dress:Mitch Ryder And The Detroit Wheels. #4 in 1966. CHORUS: G7 Devil with the blue dress, blue dress, blue dress.. F Devil with the blue dress on. C F C F Devil with the blue dress, blue dress, blue dress.. C F C Devil with the blue dress on. #1. C F C Fee, fee, fi, fi, fo-fo, fum. Look at Molly now, here she comes. C Wearin' her wig hat and shades to match, she's got high-heel shoes and an alligator hat. F Wearin' her pearls and her diamond rings, C She's got bracelets on her fingers, now, and everything.. CHORUS: G7Devil with the blue dress, blue dress, blue dress.. F Devil with the blue dress on. C F C F Devil with the blue dress, blue dress, blue dress.. C F C Devil with the blue dress on. #2. C F C Wearin' her perfume, Chanel No. 5. Got to be the finest girl alive. C She walks real cool, catches everybody's eye.\ She got such good lovin' they can't say goodbye. F Not too skinny, she's not too fat.. C She's a real humdinger and I like it like that.. CHORUS: G7 Devil with the blue dress, blue dress, blue dress.. F Devil with the blue dress on. C F C F Devil with the blue dress, blue dress, blue dress.. C F C Devil with the blue dress on. #3. D Good golly, Miss Molly, you sure like to ball. G D Good golly, Miss Molly, you sure like to ball. A When you're rockin' and rollin', D Can't you hear your Mama call? #4. D From the early, early mornin' 'til the early, early nights, See Miss Molly rockin' at the House of Blue Lights. G D Good golly, Miss Molly, you sure like to ball. A While you're rockin' and a-rolling, D Can't you hear your Mama call? #5. C F C Fee, fee, fi, fi, fo-fo, fum. Look at Molly now, here she comes. CWearin' her wig hat and shades to match, she's got high-heel shoes and an alligator hat. F Wearin' her pearls and her diamond rings, C she's got bracelets on her fingers, now, and everything.. #6. G7 Devil with the blue dress, blue dress, blue dress.. F Devil with the blue dress on. C F C F Devil with the blue dress, blue dress, blue dress.. C F C Devil with the blue dress on. (x2)

No comments:

Post a Comment