Sunday, October 20, 2013

Knock on Wood (Eddie Floyd) E G A B D B I don't wanna lose A7 A7 A7 A7[*] this good thing that I've got. Cause if I do E7 E7 E7 E7 I will surely surely lose a lot. Cause our love A7 A7 A7 A7[*] is better than any love I've known. It's like thunder E7 A7 E7 A7 lightning, the way you love me is frightening. I better knock E G A B D B on wood baby. I'm not supersti- A7 A7 A7 A7[*] tious about you but I can't take no chance. E7 E7 E7 E7 you got me spinning baby baby I'm in a trance. Cause your love A7 A7 A7 A7[*] is better than any love I've known. It's like thunder E7 A7 E7 A7 lightning, the way you love me is frightening. I better knock E G A B D B A G on wood baby F# G# A C C B B It's no secret A7 A7 A7 A7[*] but that woman fills my lovin' cup. Cause she sees E7 E7 E7 E7 to it that I get enough. Just one touch A7 A7 A7 A7[*] from her you know you need so much. It's like thunder E7 A7 E7 A7 lightning, the way you love me is frightening. I better knock E G A B D B A G on wood baby I better knock (knock knock) E7 A7 E7 A7 oh yeah, think I better knock (knock knock) on wood E7 A7 think I better knock (knock knock) on wood E7 A7 think I better knock (knock knock) on wood [fade out] [*]: play a little riff instead of the A7 chord, something like this: e ----------------------| b --4/5--5--------------| g --5/6--6---7--5-------| d -----------7--5-------| a ----------------------| e ----------------------| LYRICS ONLY: I don't wanna lose this good thing that I've got. Cause if I do, I will surely, surely lose a lot. Cause our love is better than any love I've known. It's like thunder, lightning, the way you love me is frightening. I better knock on wood, baby. I'm not superstitious about you, but I can't take no chance. you got me spinning baby, baby I'm in a trance. Cause your love is better than any love I've known. It's like thunder, lightning, the way you love me is frightening. I better knock on wood, baby. It's no secret but that woman fills my lovin' cup. Cause she sees to it that I get enough. Just one touch from her, you know you need so much. It's like thunder, lightning, the way you love me is frightening. I better knock on wood, baby I better knock (knock knock) oh yeah, think I better knock (knock knock) on wood think I better knock (knock knock) on wood think I better knock (knock knock) on wood [fade out] ^ZWhen a Man Loves a Woman Percy Sledge key of C (probably not the record's key) intro C G/B Am7 Am/G F G C G6 C G/B Am C7/G verse1 When a man loves a woman, can't keep his mind on nothing else F G C G He'll trade the world for the good thing he's found C G/B Am C7/G If she's bad he can't see it she can do no wrong F G C G Turn his back on his best friend if he put her down verse2 When a man loves a woman, spend his very last dime Tryin' to hold on to what he needs He'd give up all his comfort, sleep out in the rain If she said that's the way it ought to be F G C chorus Well, this man loves a woman I gave you everything I had F G C E7/B Am Tryin' to hold on to your precious love D7 F/G G+5 Baby, please don't treat me ba verse3 When a man loves a woman, down deep in his soul She can bring him such misery If she plays him for a fool, he's the last one to know Lovin' eyes don't ever see chorus C G/B Am C7/G outro When a man loves a woman, I know exactly how he feels F G C G (repeat outro until tired) Coz baby baby baby you're my world My Special Prayer: PERCY SLEDGE (1969) 4/4 – 98 |./. |: Repeat the previous Chord and Measure of 4-Counts. INTRO: |G |./. |./. |./. VERSE 1: |G |./. |D |./. While the choir sings, Ave Ma-ri - a. (Ave Ma-ri – a) |./. |./. |G |./. I was singing with a-ll my hea - rt. |./. |G7 |C |./. And I sent a special prayer, up to heaven. |G |D |G |./. That you´ll re-turn to me before I fall apart. VERSE 2: |G |./. |D |./. While the choir sings, Hal-le-lu – jah. (Hal-le-lu – jah) |./. |./. |G |./. I was singing with a-ll my hea - rt. |./. |G7 |C |./. Darling please, come back and never leave me again. |G |D |G |./. And this will be your answer to my prayer. CHORUS: |D |./. |G |./. And I´ll wai-t, he-re for the answ-er. |D |./. |G |./. That you´ll come back, come back I pray. |D |./. |G |./. For if you stayed, away another hou-r. |A |A7 |D |D# I don´t think, I could last an-other day - . ¬¬¬   I m Into Something Good chords Herman s Hermits C F C F C F C C F C F Woke up this morning feeling fine C F C There's something special on my mind F C Last night I met a new girl in the neighborhood, whoa yeah G F C Something tells me I'm into something good (Something tells me I'm into something) C F C F She's the kind of girl who's not too shy C F C And I can tell I'm her kind of guy F C She danced close to me like I hoped she would I m Henry the VIII, I Am chords Herman s Hermits * A I'm Henry the eighth I am D A Henry the eighth I am, I am A I got married to the widow next door B7 E She's been married seven times before A E And every one was an Henry (Henry) D E She wouldn't have a Willy or a Sam (no Sam) A C D Fm I'm her eighth old man, I'm Henry B7 E7 A Henry the eighth I am 3x (second verse, same as the first..spoken) A H-E-N-R-Y A Henry (Henry) F#m Henry (Henry) A E A Fm Henry the eighth I am, I am B7 E7 A Henry the eighth I am A Yeah!everything I've been dreaming of She's everything I've been dreaming of C F C F I walked her home and she held my hand C F C I knew it couldn't be just a one-night stand F C So I asked to see her next week and she told me I could (I asked to see her and she told me I could) G F C Something tells me I'm into something good (Something tells me I'm into something) (Something tells me I'm into something, ahhh) I walked her home and she held my hand I knew it couldn't be just a one-night stand So I asked to see her next week and she told me I could (I asked to see her and she told me I could) G F C Something tells me I'm into something good (something tells me I'm into something) Something tells me I'm into something good (something tells me I'm into something) G F C To something good, oh yeah, something good (something tells me I'm into something) G F To something good, something good . . . Theres A Kind Of Hush chords Hermans Hermits C E7 Am C7 There's a kind of hush all over the world tonight. F G7 C All over the world you can hear the sounds of lovers in love, G7 You know what I mean. C E7 Am C7 Just the two of us and nobody else in sight. F G7 C There's nobody else and I'm feeling good just holding you tight. F Dm So listen very carefully. Am Dm G C Closer now and you will see what I mean. G It isn't a dream. F Dm The only sound that you will hear Am Dm Is when I whisper in your ear G G7 I love you, forever and ever. C E7 Am C7 There's a kind of hush all over the world tonight. F G7 C All over the world you can hear the sounds of lovers in love. C E7 La-la-la-la-la-la-la Am C7 La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la F G7 La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la C La-la-la-la-la F Dm So listen very carefully. Am Dm G C Closer now and you will see what I mean. G It isn't a dream. F Dm The only sound that you will hear Am Dm Is when I whisper in your ear G G7 I love you, forever and ever. Wonderful World:Herman's Hermits. #7 in UK And #4 in USA in 1965. #1. (Original on 10th fret. D Bm Don't know much about history. G A Don't know much biology. D Bm Don't know much about science books. G A Don't know much about the French I took. D G But I do know that I love you. D G And I know that if you loved me too, A D What a wonderful world this would be. #2. D Bm Don't know much about geography. G A Don't know much trigonometry. D Bm Don't know much about algebra. G A Don't know what a slide rule is for. D G But I know that one and one is two. D G And if this one could be with you, A D What a wonderful world this would be. CHORUS: A D Now I don't claim to be an A student. A D But I'm tryin' to be. E Oh, maybe by being an A student, baby, E7 A I can win your love for me. REPEAT#1. ADD: D G But I do know that I love you. D G And I know that if you loved me too, A D G A D What a wonderful world this would be.   Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter:Herman's Hermits: #1 in 1965. INTRO: C Em Dm G (x2) #1. C Em Dm G C Em Dm G Mrs Brown you've got a lovely daughter. C Em Dm G C Em Dm G Girls as sharp as her are somethin' rare. Am C Am C But it's sad, she doesn't love me now, Am C G she's made it clear enough it ain't no good to pine. #2. C Em Dm G C Em Dm G She wants to return those things I bought her. C Em Dm G C Em Dm G Tell her she can keep them just the same. Am C Am C Things have changed, she doesn't love me now, Am C G Bb she's made it clear enough it ain't no good to pine. CHORUS: Eb Gm Ab Bb Walkin' about, even in a crowd, well.. Gb Bbm Bb G you'll pick her out..makes a bloke feel, so proud. #3. C Em Dm G C Em Dm G If she finds that I've been 'round to see you, C Em Dm G C Em Dm G tell her that I'm well and feelin' fine. Am C Am C Don't let on...don't say she's broke my heart. Am C G Bb I'd go down on my knees but it's no good to pine. CHORUS: Eb Gm Ab Bb Walkin' about, even in a crowd, well.. Gb Bbm Bb G you'll pick her out..makes a bloke feel, so proud. #4. C Em Dm G C Em Dm G If she finds that I've been 'round to see you, C Em Dm G C Em Dm G tell her that I'm well and feelin' fine. Am C Am C Don't let on...don't say she's broke my heart. Am C G G7 I'd go down on my knees but it's no good to pine. OUTRO: C Em Dm G C Em Dm G Mrs Brown you've got a lovely daughter.(x4) A sixties smash from Kraziekhat.

No comments:

Post a Comment