Sunday, October 20, 2013

KEEP NOTE: Make sure you hit the Bsus4 on all the syllables of "yesterday" in the Very crucial.  If you've listened to the song, you know what I mean.  You could  or the Gmaj7 chord for some of the Bm chords in the verses, but everything here should be and correct.
Intro:
Bm              C       D
/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /  x2

Bm                    C          D
I don't remember what day it was
Bm                    C          D
I didn't notice what time it was
Bm                    C                D
All I know is that I fell in love with you
       Bm                 Em
And if all my dreams come true
        C                  D
I'll be spending time with you
Bm                    C          D
Every day's a new day in love with you
Bm                    C          D
With each day comes a new way of loving you
Every time I kiss your lips my mind starts to wander
       Bm                 Em
And if all my dreams come true
        C                  D
I'll be spending time with you
Em             Am              Bsus4     B
Oh, I love you more today than yesterday
Em         Am        B
But not as much as tomorrow
Em         Am              Bsus4     B
I love you more today than yesterday
Em                   A         C   D
But, darling, not as much as tomorrow
Bm                    C          D
Tomorrow's date means springtime's just a day away
Bm                    C          D
Cupid, we don't need ya now, be on your way
Bm                    C          D
I thank the lord for love like ours that grows ever stronger
       Bm            Em               C                 D
And I always will be true, I know you feel the same way too
    Em         Am              Bsus4     B
Oh, I love you more today than yesterday
Em         Am        B
But not as much as tomorrow
Em         Am              Bsus4     B
I love you more today than yesterday
Em                   A         C   D
But, darling, not as much as tomorrow
Bm                     C
Every day's a new day, every time I love ya
Bm                     C
Every way's a new way, every time I love ya
Bm                     C
Every day's a new day, oh, how I love ya
                                                                        "Crimson And Clover"
                                                      (Tommy James/Peter Lucia)

[Notes: 1) This is a deceptively simple song; like Jefferson Airplane's
"Somebody To Love", there are only four chords in it, but no two verses
are identical.  2) Tommy James played all the guitar parts on this, and
he usually played in open E; you might want to try it.]

verse 1:
                            B   F#  E
                        Ah
                               F#           B       F#  E
                        Now I don't hardly know her
                               F#            B       F#  E
                        But I think I could love her
                         F#           B     F#  E
                        Crimson and clover
                        E     F#
                        /  /  /  /
verse 2:
                        Ah
                        Well if she come walkin' over
                        Now I been waitin' to show her
                        Crimson and clover
                        F#        B   F#  E
                        Over and over

                        E          F#          E
                        /  /  /  /  /  /  /  /
instrumental break 1 [single version]:

                        bass alone (2x):
                          v       v       v       v
                        |-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-2-2-2-----------|
                        |-----------------------4---4---4-|
                        |---------------------------------|
                        |---------------------------------|

                        bass and guitars (5x):

                        B     A  E
                        /  /  /  /
                        F#
                        /  /  /  /  /  r  r  r
verse 3:
                        Yeah
                        My mind's such a sweet thing
                        I wanna do everything
                        What a beautiful feeling
                        Crimson and clover
                        E         F#         E
                                  /  /  /  /
                        Over and over
instrumental break 2:
                        repeat bass (2x)
                        repeat B-A-E (6x this time)
                        F#
                        /  /  /  /  /  /  /  /
outro:
                        C     G     F     G
I Think We re Alone Now chords
Tommy James and The Shondells *

A

A          C#m
Children behave
F#m              E
That s what they say when were together
A                 C#m
And watch how you play
F#m             E
They don t understand

And so were

C#m                        A
Running just as fast as we can
C#m                         A
Holding on to one another s hand
G
Trying to get away into the night
             E
And then you put your arms around me

And we tumble to the ground
             A
And then you say

A              E
I think we re alone now
      D                     A
There doesn t seem to be anyone around
               E
I think we re alone now
    D                            A
The beating of our hearts is the only sound

A           C#m
Look at the way
F#m      E
We gotta hide what were doing
A                     C#m
cause what would they say
F#m          E
If they ever knew

And so we re

C#m                        A
Running just as fast as we can
C#m                         A
Holding on to one another s hand
G
Trying to get away into the night
             E
And then you put your arms around me

And we tumble to the ground
             A
And then you say
-____
Mony, Mony:Tommy James And The Shondells.
#1 in UK, #3 in Canada and #3 in USA in 1968.

       (Capo 1st fret.)
#1.
A                        D     A    A D A
Here she comes now, say, Mony, Mony.
A                            D        A    A D A
Shoot 'em down, turn around, come on, Mony.
A                           D        A        A D A
Hey, she give me love and I feel all right now.
A7
You got me tossin' and turnin' in the middle of the night,
      D                     E
and I feel all right. I say Yeah, (Yeah), Yeah (Yeah),
             E7
Yeah (Yeah), Yeah (Yeah), Yeah (Yeah), Yeah (Yeah.)...

CHORUS:
E           A
You make me feel,(Mony, Mony) so, (Mony, Mony) good!
 A7
(Mony, Mony) Yeah! Mony, Mony!..
D
Yeah! Mony, Mony, Yeah! Mony, Mony!
Yeah! Mony, Mony, Yeah! Mony, Mony!
E
Yeah! (Yeah!) Yeah! (Yeah!)
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
#2.
A                  D     A   A D A
Wake me, shake me, Mony, Mony.
A                      D        A    A D A
Shot gun, get it done, come on, Mony.
A                      D        A
Don't stop cookin', it feels so good, Yeah.
                     A7             D             E
Don't stop now. Hey, come on! Mony. Come on Mony, Yeah!

(Yeah) Yeah! (Yeah) Yeah!

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

CHORUS:
E           A
You make me feel,(Mony, Mony) so, (Mony, Mony) good!
 A7
(Mony, Mony) Yeah! Mony, Mony!..
D
Yeah! Mony, Mony, Yeah! Mony, Mony!

Yeah! Mony, Mony, Yeah! Mony, Mony!
E
Yeah! (Yeah!) Yeah! (Yeah!)
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
#3.
A          G     D       A
I love you Mony, Mo, Mo, Mony!
A          G     D       A
I love you Mony, Mo, Mo, Mony!
A          G     D       A

Crystal Blue Persuasion:Tommy James And The Shondells.
#1 in Canada #2 in USA in 1969.
                 (Capo 2nd fret.)

INTRO: Bm Am(x3)  C G
#1.
G          Bm    Am              Bm  Am
Look over yonder.....what do you see?
             Bm    Am            Bm   Am
The sun is a-risin'....most definitely.
             Bm    Am             Bm      Am
A new day is comin'....people are changin'.
         Bm       Am                  Bm     Am  C G
Ain't it beautiful....crystal blue persuasion?
#2.
           Bm    Am                Bm   Am
Better get ready.....gonna see the light.
                  Bm     Am                 Bm    Am
Love, love is the answer.....and that's all right.
                   Bm     Am              Bm   Am
So, don't you give up, now.....so easy to find.
                  Bm   Am                Bm   Am  C G
Just look to your soul.....and open your mind.
F C G(x2)   G F Am
CHORUS:
Bm              Am          Bm                 Am
Crystal blue persuasion, mm-hmm..it's a new vibration.
Bm              Am                C       G
Crystal blue persuasion, crystal..blue persuasion.


Hanky Panky- Tommy James and the Shondells
Verses: (w/bass line)

N.C.                          A
My baby does the hanky panky, my baby does the hanky
       D                             A
panky, my baby does the hanky panky, my baby does the
             E7      D                       A   E
hanky panky, my baby does the hanky panky.
(repeat)

N.C.                                A
I saw her walking on down the line, you know I saw for
                     D
the very first time, a pretty little girl standing
           A
all alone, hey pretty baby can I take you home,
E7               D                        A    E
I never saw her, never really saw her.
My baby does...
Solo: have fun with this part!
I saw her walking...
My baby does...
(repeat)
*When done the second time, play an A where there is

no chord.

No comments:

Post a Comment