Sunday, October 20, 2013

Am  G C   Am  G C Emeli Sande's "Next To Me".
Standard Tuning
Intro: Am  G C   Am  G C

Am                         G       C
You won't find him drinkin' at the tables
Rolling dice and staying out 'til three
Am                       G       C
You won't ever find him being unfaithful
You will find him, you'll find him next to me

Am                             G        C
You won't find him trying to chase the devil
For money, fame, for power, out of grief
Am                        G        C
You won't ever find him where the rest go
You will find him, you'll find him next to me

        Am  G    C
Next to me ooh, ooh
Next to me ooh, ooh
Next to me ooh, ooh
You will find him, you'll find him next to me

         Am                         G        C
When the money's spent and all my friends have vanished
And I can't seem to find no help or love for free
I know there's no need for me to panic
Cause I'll find him, I'll find him next to me
          Am                          G        C
When the skies are grey and all the doors are closing
And the rising pressure makes it hard to breathe
Well, all I need is a hand to stop the tears from falling
I will find him, will find him next to me
        Am  G    C
Next to me ooh, ooh
Next to me ooh, ooh
Next to me ooh, ooh
I will find him, I'll find him next to me

          F                          G       Am
When the end has come and buildings falling down fast
         F                         G       Am
When we spoilt the land and dried up all the sea
     F                         G      Am
When everyone has lost their heads around us
          Am                        G     C
You will find him, you'll find him next to me
        Am  G    C
Next to me ooh, ooh
Next to me ooh, ooh
Next to me ooh, ooh
You will find him, you'll find him next to me

        Am  G    C
Next to me ooh, ooh
Next to me ooh, ooh
        F   G    Am
Next to me ooh, ooh
You will find him, you'll find him next to me



Read All About It, Part III - Emeli Sande
Em C G D x2
               Em                                  C
You've got the words to change a nation but you're biting your tongue
               G                                 D
You've spent a life time stuck in silence afraid you'll say something wrong
If no one ever hears it how we gonna learn your song?
So come on come on, come on, come on

             Em                             C
You've got a heart as loud as lions, so why let your voice be tamed?
     G                                   D
Baby we're a little different there's no need to be ashamed
You've got the light to fight the shadows so stop hiding it away
Come on, Come on

        Em            C             G                         D
I wanna sing, I wanna shout I wanna scream till the words dry out
             Em                 C                      G
So put it in all of the papers, I'm not afraid they can read all about it,
D
read all about it
Em       C      G     D      Em     C      G         D
oh oh-oh-oh oh-oh-oh oh-oh-oh oh-oh-oh oh-oh-oh oh-oh-oh
               Em                                C
At night we're waking up the neighbours while we sing away the blues
       G                                D
Making sure that we remember yeah cause we all matter too
If the truth has been forbidden then we're breaking all the rules
So come on come on, come on, come on
              Em                  C
Let’s get the tv and the radio to play our tune again
          G                               D
Its 'bout time we got some airplay of our version of events
There's no need to be afraid, I will sing with you my friend
Come on, Come on
        Em            C             G                         D
I wanna sing, I wanna shout I wanna scream till the words dry out
             Em                 C                      G
So put it in all of the papers, I'm not afraid they can read all about it,
D
read all about it
Em       C      G     D      Em     C      G         D
oh oh-oh-oh oh-oh-oh oh-oh-oh oh-oh-oh oh-oh-oh oh-oh-oh
               Em                   C         G                      D
Yeah we're all wonderful, wonderful people so when did we all get so fearful?
          Em                  C         G                           D
Now we're finally finding our voices so take a chance, come help me sing this
               Em                   C         G                      D
Yeah we're all wonderful, wonderful people so when did we all get so fearful?
          Em                  C         G                           D
Now we're finally finding our voices so take a chance, come help me sing this

        Em            C             G                         D
I wanna sing, I wanna shout I wanna scream till the words dry out
             Em                 C                      G So put it in all of the papers, I'm not afraid they can read all about it,  D read all about it
Em       C      G     D      Em     C      G         D
oh oh-oh-oh oh-oh-oh oh-oh-oh oh-oh-oh oh-oh-oh oh-oh-oh
        Em            C             G                         D
I wanna sing, I wanna shout I wanna scream till the words dry out
             Em                 C                      G
So put it in all of the papers, I'm not afraid they can read all about it,
D read all about it  Em Ohhhh
Tuning: Standard tuning (E A D G B E)
Capo : 2nd fret.
Chord Sequence:
Am
Fmaj7
C
G
This may not be perfect, but I haven't been able to find any
tabs that do a fingerstyle version of this song, so I made this,
feel free to make improvements and play around with the
tabs given.

The chord sequence can be played like this all the way
through:
E------------------------------------------------------------|
a---0-----------0-----------------0----0---------------------|
d--------2-----------------2----------------3-----3----------|
g-----------2-----------------2----------------2-------------|
b---1----------------1-----------------1---------------------|
e--------------------------------------------------------0---|

E-----------------------------------------------------------|
a----------------3------------3--------------3---2----------|
d-----------3--------2---------------2---------------0------|
g---2--------------------0---------------0------------------|
b-------1--------1---------------------------------------3--|
e----------------------------------0-------------3----------|

E------------------------------|
a---2--------------------------|
d--------------0-----0---------|
g------------------0-----------|
b------------------------------|
e--------3---------------------|

If you don't want to play the above tabs all
the way through, you could play the chords
 in the chorus like this:

         Am.       Fmaj7
I wanna sing, I wanna shout,
              C.                 G
I wanna scream till the words dry out,
                Am.                 Fmaj7
So put it in all of the papers, I'm not afraid,
                C.                G
They can read all about it, read all about it.




Emeli Sande – Clown
This is how my ears hear this song, I think the A minor7 and the Cadd9 both sound correct. The C minor at the end of the verses is correct but to mix it up a bit you could use C minorAdd9 instead. I will be adding this song to our duo set asap  as I think it’s a fantastic ballad.
Am7           D/F#                      G
I guess it's funnier from where you're standing
Am7         D/F#                      G
'Cause from over here I've missed the joke
Am7         D/F#             Em
Cleared the way for my crash landing
             Cadd9        Cm(or Cmadd9)     G
I've done it again, another number for your notes

Am7     D/F#                   G
I'd be smiling if I wasn't so desperate
Am7    D/F#                 G
I'd be patient if I had the time
Am       D/F#                       Em
I could stop and answer all of your questions
             Cadd9            Cm(or Cmadd9)                 G           
As soon as I find out how I could move from the back of the line
CHORUS
                 G
So I'll be your clown
           Cadd9
Behind the glass
             Am7               C
Go 'head and laugh 'cause it's funny
       Dsus4         D
I would too if I saw me
              G
I'll be your clown
                  Cadd9
On your favorite channel
             Am7          C
My life's a circus-circus rounding circles
     Dsus4        D
I'm selling out tonight

Am7           D/F#               G
I'd be less angry if it was my decision
Am7       D/F#                 G
And the money was just rolling in
Am7      D/F#           Em
If I had more than my ambition
                  Cadd9
I'll have time to please
                Cm(orCmadd9)            G
I'll have time to thank you as soon as I win
Chorus 2

Cadd9    D/F#                G
From a distance my choice is simple
Cadd9    D/F#             G
From a distance I can entertain

Cadd9       D/F#        Em
So you can see me I put makeup on my face
               F
But there's no way you can feel it
        Am      (D)

From so far away

No comments:

Post a Comment